Vietnam visa for the Timor Leste (East Timor)
The government requires that all Timor Leste (East Timor) citizens must have a Vietnam visa to gain entry to the country. Find out if you meet the visa requirements and submit a Vietnam visa application today.
Do East Timor citizens need visa to Vietnam?
Yes, Vietnam visa is required
East Timor citizen is not included in the visa exemption list; therefore, all East Timor passport holders need to apply visa to Vietnam for either tourism or business purposes.
What are Vietnam visa requirements for the East Timor travelers?
The passport should satisfy following requirements:
– Have at least 2 blank pages to get visa sticky and stamp;
– Have at least 6 months validity from your date of arrival;
– Have a white background;
– Be taken in the last 6 months;
– Eyes look straight on without glasses, photos should be taken clearly with the appearance of 2 ears;
– You will need to upload a colored recent taken photo (4x6cm) and a passport copy at visa portal when applying for e-visa.
3. Printed visa approval letter (for visa on arrival):
Visa approval letter issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department via www.emergencyvisavietnam.com must be printed to present at the airports for boarding the flight and getting visa stamped. When the time for check-in is running out you may need the printer service at the airport to print out the letter. If you don’t have enough time to print the visa approval letter you can use our visa fast track service. Our staff will print the visa approval letter and pick you up right after landing.
4. Stamping fee (for visa on arrival):
– Stamping fee for visa on arrival must pay in cash (VND or USD) not by credit cards, PayPal or any online payment method;
– Other currency will be converted to USD or VND using given exchange rates;
– There is no ATM, money changer or any other way to withdraw money in the immigration hall so that cash (25 USD for single entry or 50 USD for multiple entry) must be prepared in advance.
– For e-visa, full service fee paid when you applied for a visa, so that no money is required at arrival airport;
5. Entry and exit form (for visa on arrival):
– You can download the “Entry and exit form” at our website and fill in advance to save your time at arrival airport;
– The completed form will be submitted at the visa desk along with passport, visa approval letters and stamping fee;
– Learn how to fill in the Entry and exit form.
For visa applying at the Vietnam Embassy, an application form (which you can download at the Vietnam Embassy’s website or receive at its office) and a prepaid self-addressed return envelope if you wish to receive your passport and visa sent back by mail.
How to get Vietnam visa for the East Timor passport holders?
There are several ways for the East Timor citizens applying for Vietnam visa before departure. See below for details about each option:
1. Apply for Vietnam visa on arrival
The East Timor passport holders can apply Vietnam visa on arrival from anywhere outside of Vietnam. The visa will be picked up at Vietnamese airport after showing the printed visa approval letter and paying the stamping fee.
The approval letter will be sent via email within 2 working days (normal service), 8 working hours (urgent service), 4 working hours (super urgent service) or even 1 hour (last minutes service) depending on which option the applicant has chosen when submitting online application form.
How to apply for emergency Vietnam visa on arrival?
- Step 1: Make a phone call to the visa agency to ensure it is possible to arrange visa at the time you are calling. Our hotline is open 24/7 at the number +84.912.685.141 (telephone and Whatsapp) to support you
- Step 2: Once you got a confirmation that the visa can be expedited at the time of calling, you should take a copy of passport attached with the date of arrival, visa type and flight number to send to the email email@example.com. If you are not too hurry you can spend couple of minutes to fill out the visa application form and check the entered information carefully before you submit.
- Step 3: You will receive a link for payment from the visa agency where you can pay with credit cards, PayPal or bank wire transfer.
- Step 4: After several hours, you will receive a visa approval letter delivered to your email. You need to print out the letter, bringing with your passport, recent taken photo and stamping fee to get on the plane.
- Step 5: Upon arrival, you present all the documents at the visa counter, pay the stamping fee and get visa stamped onto passport within couple of minutes.
At present, visa on arrival is the best way to get a Vietnam visa, however it is available for those traveling Vietnam by air only. Applying visa on arrival is much faster and cheaper than applying visa at the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate in East Timor and more flexible than e-visa.
By using the Vietnam visa on arrival service, the East Timor citizens don’t have to wait too long to get a visa approval letter from the Vietnam Immigration Department which gives them permission to enter Vietnam.
The Vietnam visa on arrival process has been changed since the Vietnamese government re-opened the borders for the tourists on March 15, 2022 after a two-year border closure due to the Covid-19 pandemic. At present, the visa on arrival will be issued to those who are NOT eligible for Vietnam e-visa with specific conditions only. If you are eligible for Vietnam e-visa, you should take it as it is the best way to get a tourist visa for Vietnam now.
2. Apply for Vietnam e-visa
This is new pilot visa system which has just official launched in February 2017 and the citizens of Timor Leste (East Timor) are eligible for Vietnam e-visa. In order to apply for e-visa for Vietnam, the Timor Leste citizens will submit a file of passport copy, recently taken photo and pay full non-refundable visa fee.
Now, there are several countries whose citizenship are eligible for e-visa. See full list here.
When applying for e-visa for Vietnam, please note that:
- There is only single entry with validity of 30 days maximum for e-visa;
- Payments for e-visa applications are non-refundable;
- The applicants should check the information on e-visa again the passport carefully to make sure there is no mistake;
- It takes 3 working days to complete an e-visa, but sometimes it may take longer. It’s not really suitable for those who needs an urgent entry Vietnam visa in less than 24 hours
Vietnam visa fee (e-visa) in 2023
|Visa type||Cost per person (USD)|
(3 - 5 working days)
(2 working days)
(1 working day)
(4 working hours)
|Last minutes service|
(2 hours service)
|30 days single entry tourist visa (e-visa)||$ 45||$ 95||$ 125||$ 165||$ 225|
|Stamping fee||Not required||Not required||Not required||Not required||Not required|
How to apply for a rush e-visa Vietnam with us?
Step 1: Fill the visa application form and submit the files of passport data page and portrait photo.
Step 2: Pay the visa fee using your credit cards or PayPal.
Step 3: Receive an e-visa in 3 – 5 working days (normal service), or maximum 1 – 2 working days (urgent service) or even 2 – 4 working hours (emergency service).
Step 4: Print out the e-visa, bring along with your passport to get on the plane and present at the immigration counter to get entry into Vietnam.
3. Apply for Vietnam visa directly at the Vietnamese Embassy or Consulates
Those who want to get a Vietnam visa beforehand or who want to travel to Vietnam by land or sea, can go to the Vietnamese Embassy to apply for visa directly.
However, Vietnam hasn’t established the embassy in Uruguay therefore the East Timor citizens and the foreigners living in Uruguay may apply for visa in person at the Vietnam Embassy in neighboring countries: Australia, Philippines, Brunei or Indonesia.
The direct application procedure may sometimes not sound convenient, as there are intricacy along the way including:
– Long queues at the embassy during peak seasons as a result of tens of visa applicants that turn out for the procedure.
– The service is not applicable during holidays and weekends as embassies are usually closed.
– The service is not always available as some embassies operate at a few hours on working days.
– Visa applicants having to travel from their countries to foreign nations may incur high travel costs.
The best alternative to acquiring the Vietnam visa for East Timor is the online application for visa on arrival.