Rush Vietnam visa service for India passport holders
Vietnam offers an online visa (visa on arrival and e-visa) for the India passport holders for the security and simplicity. In this post we provide the Indian travelers the Vietnam visa requirements, legal documents, and contact information for the Vietnam Embassy in India and the instruction how to get a rush Vietnam visa from India with 100% success.
Do Indian citizens need visa to Vietnam?
Yes, Vietnam visa is required for the Indian citizens travelling to Vietnam
Indian citizen is not included in the visa exemption list; therefore, all India passport holders need to apply visa to Vietnam for either tourism or business purposes.
What are the requirements for the Indian citizens to apply for Vietnam visa?
The passport should satisfy following requirements:
– Have at least 2 blank pages to get visa sticky and stamp;
– Have at least 6 months validity from your date of arrival;
– Have a white background;
– Be taken in the last 6 months;
– Eyes look straight on without glasses, photos should be taken clearly with the appearance of 2 ears;
– You will need to upload a colored recently taken portrait photo (4x6cm) and a passport data page photo at the Vietnam e-visa portal when applying for e-visa.
3. Printed visa approval letter (for visa on arrival):
Visa approval letter issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department via www.emergencyvisavietnam.com must be printed to present at the airports for boarding the flight and getting visa stamped. When the time for check-in is running out you may need the printer service at the airport to print out the letter. If you don’t have enough time to print the visa approval letter you can use our visa fast track service. Our staff will print the visa approval letter and pick you up right after landing.
4. Stamping fee (for visa on arrival):
– Stamping fee for visa on arrival must pay in cash (VND or USD) not by credit cards, PayPal or any online payment method;
– Other currency will be converted to USD or VND using given exchange rates;
– There is no ATM, money changer or any other way to withdraw money in the immigration hall so that cash (25 USD for single entry or 50 USD for multiple entry) must be prepared in advance.
– For the e-visa application, full service fee will be paid when you applied for a visa, so that the cash is not required at arrival airport. Please note that the service fee of 25 would not be refunded in case your visa is denied by the Vietnam Immigration Department;
5. Entry and exit form (for visa on arrival):
– You can download the “Entry and exit form” at our website and fill in advance to save your time at arrival airport;
– The completed form will be submitted at the visa desk along with passport, visa approval letters and stamping fee;
– Learn how to fill in the Entry and exit form.
For visa applying at the Vietnam Embassy, an application form (which you can download at the Vietnam Embassy’s website or receive at its office) and a prepaid self-addressed return envelope if you wish to receive your passport and visa sent back by mail.
How to apply for Vietnam visa for the Indian citizens?
There are several ways for the Indian citizens applying for Vietnam visa before departure. See below for details about each option:
1. Apply for Vietnam visa on arrival
The India passport holders can apply Vietnam visa on arrival from anywhere outside of Vietnam. The visa will be picked up at Vietnamese airport after showing the printed visa approval letter and paying the stamping fee.
The approval letter will be sent via email within 2 working days (normal service), 8 working hours (urgent service), 4 working hours (super urgent service) or even 1 hour (last minutes service) depending on which option the applicant has chosen when submitting online application form.
How to apply for emergency Vietnam visa on arrival for Indian citizens?
- Step 1: Make a phone call or send a message to our hotline to ensure it is possible to arrange visa at the time you are calling. Our hotline is open 24/7 at the number +84.912.685.141 (telephone and Whatsapp) to support you
- Step 2: Once you got a confirmation that the visa can be expedited at the time you call, you should take a copy of passport attached with the date of arrival, visa type (1 month or 3 months, single or multiple entry) and the flight details to send to the email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not too hurry you can spend couple of minutes to fill out the visa application form and check the entered information carefully before you submit.
- Step 3: You will receive a link for payment from the visa agency where you can pay with credit cards, PayPal or bank wire transfer.
- Step 4: After several hours, you will receive a visa approval letter delivered to your email. You need to print out the letter, bringing with your passport, recently taken photo and stamping fee to get on the plane.
- Step 5: Upon arrival, you present all the documents at the visa counter, pay the stamping fee and get visa stamped onto passport within couple of minutes.
At present, visa on arrival is a simple way to get a Vietnam visa, however it is available for those traveling Vietnam by air only. Applying visa on arrival is much faster and cheaper than applying visa at the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate in India and more flexible than e-visa.
By using the Vietnam visa on arrival service, the Indian citizens don’t have to wait too long to get a visa approval letter from the Vietnam Immigration Department which gives them permission to enter Vietnam.
The Vietnam visa on arrival process has been changed since the Vietnamese government re-opened the borders for the tourists on March 15, 2022 after a two-year border closure due to the Covid-19 pandemic. At present, the visa on arrival will be issued to those who are NOT eligible for Vietnam e-visa with specific conditions only. If you are eligible for Vietnam e-visa, you should take it as it is the best way to get a tourist visa for Vietnam now.
2. Apply for e-visa for Vietnam
This is new pilot visa system which has just official launched in February 2017. In order to apply for e-visa for Vietnam, the Indian citizens will submit a file of passport copy, recent taken photo and pay full non-refundable visa fee.
Now, there are several countries whose citizenship are eligible for e-visa. See full list of countries are eligible for e-visa here.
When applying for e-visa for Vietnam, please note that:
- There is only single entry with validity of 30 days maximum for e-visa;
- Payments for e-visa applications are non-refundable;
- The applicants should check the information on e-visa again the passport carefully to make sure there is no mistake;
- It normally takes 3 – 5 working days to complete an e-visa, but sometimes it may take longer if your visa application needs to be further verified by the Vietnam Immigration Department. If you already have your flight booked and the flight will start in next 1 – 2 days, you are suggested to select 2 working days service or even faster service of 1 working day or 4 working hours to receive an e-visa on time.
Vietnam visa fee (e-visa) in 2022
|Visa type||Cost per person (USD)|
(3 - 5 working days)
(2 working days)
(1 working day)
(4 working hours)
|Last minutes service|
(2 hours service)
|30 days single entry tourist visa (e-visa)||$ 45||$ 95||$ 125||$ 165||$ 225|
|Stamping fee||Not required||Not required||Not required||Not required||Not required|
How to apply for an emergency Vietnam e-visa for Indian citizens?
Step 1: Fill the visa application form then submit the files of passport data page and portrait photo.
Step 2: Pay the visa fee using your credit cards or PayPal.
Step 3: Receive an e-visa in 3 – 5 working days (normal service), or maximum 1 – 2 working days (urgent service) or even 2 – 4 working hours (emergency service).
Step 4: Print out the e-visa, bring along with your passport to get on the plane and present at the immigration counter to get entry into Vietnam.
3. Apply for Vietnam visa directly at the Vietnamese Embassy or Consulates
Those who want to get a Vietnam visa beforehand or who want to travel to Vietnam by land or sea, can go to the Vietnamese Embassy in India to apply for visa directly:
Embassy of Vietnam in New Delhi, India
Address: 17, Kautilya Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110 021, India
Tel: (91-11) 2301 9818 (91-11) 2301 0532
Fax: (91-11) 2301 7714 (91-11) 2301 8448
Frequently asked questions
- +Is it easy for an Indian to apply for a Vietnam tourist visa?
- Yes, it is. The Indian citizens have multiple choices to apply for Vietnam visa at present and e-visa should be the easiest way to get a tourist visa for Vietnam.
- +How long does it take for the Indian citizens to get a Vietnam e-visa?
- It takes 3 – 5 working days to complete your e-visa application. In case your visa application needs to be further verified by the Vietnam Immigration Department, it might take up 15 working days to complete. If you need a rush e-visa processed within 1 – 2 working days or even 2 – 4 working hours, please contact us via email email@example.com or Whatsapp +84-912-685-141.
- +Should I apply for Vietnam e-visa for my children?
- Children under 14 years old, that are included on their parent passport do not need to submit an individual e-visa application. However, if your children have their own passports, they are surely required to apply for an individual Vietnam e-visa, like their parents.
- +Do I need to pay the stamping fee at arrival airport for Vietnam e-visa?
- No, you don’t. The stamping fee is not required for Vietnam e-visa!
- +What is maximum validity of Vietnam tourist visa for Indian citizens?
- A tourist visa for Vietnam is currently valid for 30 days with single entry only.
- +What should I do if my flight from India to Vietnam will depart earlier?
- With a Vietnam e-visa issued, it is good to travel Vietnam from the commenced date mentioned in your e-visa but you can not travel before that date. If your flight from India to Vietnam has been changed and you will arrive in Vietnam earlier, an e-visa with new entry date must be arranged.
- +Can I get my e-visa fee refunded if my visa application is denied?
- No, the visa fee is non-refundable at the Vietnam Immigration Department’s website. However, if you applied for a rush visa with us via website www.emergencyvisavietnam.com and your visa application is denied, we will make a refund totally except 25 USD paying to the Vietnam Immigration Department.