Vietnam visa for Singaporean citizens
The Singapore passport holders travelling Vietnam for tourism purpose can stay in the country for a maximum of 30 days with visa free. With this priority, the Singaporean visitors can enter Vietnam by any port of arrival including airports (for air entry), border gates on land (for traveling by bus or train) or sea port (for traveling by cruise, ship). The Singaporean citizens, who wish to stay in Vietnam more than 30 days or enter Vietnam multiple times, must apply for Vietnam visa before departure.
Do Singaporean citizens need visa to Vietnam?
No, the Singaporean citizens don’t need a Vietnam visa for the stay less than 30 days
Vietnam visa requirements for the Singaporean citizens
The passport should satisfy following requirements:
– Have at least 2 blank pages to get visa sticky and stamp;
– Have at least 6 months validity from your date of arrival;
– Have a white background;
– Be taken in the last 6 months;
– Eyes look straight on without glasses, photos should be taken clearly with the appearance of 2 ears;
– You will need to upload a colored recently taken portrait photo (4x6cm) and a passport data page photo at the Vietnam e-visa portal when applying for e-visa.
3- Printed visa approval letter (for visa on arrival):
Visa approval letter issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department via www.emergencyvisavietnam.com must be printed to present at the airports for boarding the flight and getting visa stamped. When the time for check-in is running out you may need the printer service at the airport to print out the letter. If you don’t have enough time to print the visa approval letter you can use our visa fast track service. Our staff will print the visa approval letter and pick you up right after landing.
4. Stamping fee (for visa on arrival):
– Stamping fee for visa on arrival must pay in cash (VND or USD) not by credit cards, PayPal or any online payment method;
– Other currency will be converted to USD or VND using given exchange rates;
– There is no ATM, money changer or any other way to withdraw money in the immigration hall so that cash (25 USD for single entry or 50 USD for multiple entry) must be prepared in advance.
– For the e-visa application, full service fee will be paid when you applied for a visa, so that the cash is not required at arrival airport. Please note that the service fee of 25 would not be refunded in case your visa is denied by the Vietnam Immigration Department;
5. Entry and exit form (for visa on arrival):
– You can download the “Entry and exit form” at our website and fill in advance to save your time at arrival airport;
– The completed form will be submitted at the visa desk along with passport, visa approval letters and stamping fee;
– Learn how to fill in the Entry and exit form.
For visa applying at the Vietnam Embassy, an application form (which you can download at the Vietnam Embassy’s website or receive at its office) and a prepaid self-addressed return envelope if you wish to receive your passport and visa sent back by mail.
How to apply for Vietnam visa from Singapore?
There are several ways for the Singaporean citizens applying for Vietnam visa before departure. See below for details about each option:
1. Apply for Vietnam visa on arrival
The Singapore passport holders can apply Vietnam visa on arrival from anywhere outside of Vietnam. The visa will be picked up at Vietnamese airport after showing the printed visa approval letter and paying the stamping fee.
The approval letter will be sent via email within 2 working days (normal service), 8 working hours (urgent service), 4 working hours (super urgent service) or even 1 hour (last minutes service) depending on which option the applicant has chosen when submitting online application form.
How to apply for emergency Vietnam visa on arrival for the Singaporean citizens?
- Step 1: Make a phone call or send a message to our hotline to ensure it is possible to arrange visa at the time you are calling. Our hotline is open 24/7 at the number +84.912.685.141 (telephone and Whatsapp) to support you
- Step 2: Once you got a confirmation that the visa can be expedited at the time you call, you should take a copy of passport attached with the date of arrival, visa type (1 month or 3 months, single or multiple entry) and the flight details to send to the email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not too hurry you can spend couple of minutes to fill out the visa application form and check the entered information carefully before you submit.
- Step 3: You will receive a link for payment from the visa agency where you can pay with credit cards, PayPal or bank wire transfer.
- Step 4: After several hours, you will receive a visa approval letter delivered to your email. You need to print out the letter, bringing with your passport, recent taken photo and stamping fee to get on the plane.
- Step 5: Upon arrival, you present all the documents at the visa counter, pay the stamping fee and get visa stamped onto passport within couple of minutes.
At present, visa on arrival is the best way to get a Vietnam visa, however it is available for those traveling Vietnam by air only. Applying visa on arrival is much faster and cheaper than applying visa at the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate in Singapore and more flexible than e-visa (Singaporean citizens are not eligible for Vietnam e-visa at present).
By using the Vietnam visa on arrival service, the Singaporean citizens don’t have to wait too long to get a visa approval letter from the Vietnam Immigration Department which gives them permission to enter Vietnam.
2. Apply for Vietnam visa directly at the Vietnamese Embassy or Consulates
The Singaporean citizens who want to get a multiple entry visa (or 3 months visa) beforehand, can go to the Vietnamese Embassy in Singapore to apply for visa directly:
Embassy of Vietnam in Singapore
Address: 10 Leedon Park St., Singapore 267887
Phone: (65) 64625994
Fax: (65) 6462 5936
Office hours: Mon – Fri 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM; 2:30 PM – 5:30 PM; Visa hours: Mon – Fri 9:00 AM – 12:00 noon
Frequently asked questions
- +Is it possible to extend my 30 days Vietnam visa exemption?
- No, it is not possible to extend the 30 days visa exemption at present.
- +How can I stay in Vietnam more than 30 days with my Singaporean passport?
- You must do the visa run by going to the 3rd countries (Laos, Cambodia or Thailand…) and then come back with new 30 days visa exemption duration.
- +Can I return to Vietnam with visa exemption instantly or have to wait 30 days?
- Yes, you can. The regulation of 30 days interruption between 2 entries with visa exemption has been cancelled.
- +How many times can I travel Vietnam with 30 days visa exemption?
- There has no limitation of number entries on the visa exemption been informed.
- +Can I return to Vietnam from Cambodia via land ports with my visa exemption?
- Yes, you can. Vietnam visa exemption is good for the entries by any ports of arrival including airports (for air entry), border gates on land (for traveling by bus or train) or sea port (for traveling by cruise, ship).
- +Is 3 months Vietnam tourist visa re-opened for the Singaporean citizens?
- Not, 3 months Vietnam tourist visa has not been re-opened yet.