Along with the Vietnam visa on arrival and Vietnam visa applying at the Embassy or Consulates, Vietnam e-visa is another legitimate way for foreigners to obtain a Vietnam visa. However, Vietnam e-visa was first launched in February 2017 and it is still in a pilot phase so that at this stage, only the citizens of 80 countries are eligible for Vietnam e-visa. You are suggested to check carefully if you are in the list eligible for this new type of Vietnam visa.
After the Vietnamese Government officially reopened for international tourism on March 15, e-visa is the only way for foreigners getting a visa to Vietnam. We will update the regulations on other visa types once the government agreed to resume the visa issuance.
1. What is the requirement for Vietnam e-visas?
Before applying for a Vietnam e-visa, please make sure to well prepare:
- Your original passport is at least 6 months in validity following the arrival date;
- Original passport have at least 2 blank pages for the entry stamp;
- Scan of passport information page (soft file stored in JPG or PNG format at 2MB maximum);
- Recently taken portrait photo (straight look, bared head, without colored glasses and plain background, also stored in PNG or JPG format at 2MB maximum);
- Cards that can make payment online (credit or debit cards enabled to conduct payment online)
2. Who can apply for Vietnam e-visa?
At present, the citizens of 80 countries are eligible for Vietnam e-visa as listed below:
Andorra, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan
Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria,
Canada, Chile, China (including Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR passport holders, not applicable to Chinese e-passport holders), Colombia, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic
Fiji, Finland, France
Georgia, Germany, Greece
Iceland, India, Ireland, Italy
Kazakhstan, Korea (South)
Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg
Macedonia, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Myanmar
Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway
Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal
Salomons Islands, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, United States of America, Uruguay
Vanuatu, Venezuela, and
3. How to apply for Vietnam e-visa?
When all documents are ready, please follow these following steps to submit your Vietnam e-visa application:
Receive Vietnam e-visa results within 4 working hours to 2 working days
You should go ahead with this visa application in following cases:
- You have urgent business in Vietnam and you need an e-visa expedited in 1 working day or several hours;
- You have your e-visa issued but it contains the incorrect information or spelling mistakes;
- You travel with family or a group of friends but you are the only one who haven’t received e-visa yet. When you check your visa status it keeps returning the notification of “in processing”;
- You enter the entry port by mistake or you need to change the arrival airport at the last minutes;
- You travel with the children but you don’t know that the children holding their own passport must apply for a Vietnam visa. You can not put their name on the accompanying children item in your e-visa;
- Your self transfer flight layover in Vietnam less than 24 hours but you have to leave the transit area to collect your luggage for the next flight. You apparently have to go through the immigration checkpoint thus a Vietnam visa is required. You don’t know that and you don’t apply for a visa in advance;
- You are not familiar with Vietnam visa system and you don’t want to take a risk of making mistakes.
Visa application process:
Step 1: Go online at our visa application form and complete the form with required information;
Step 2: Make payment for the visa fee with your credit or debit card or PayPal;
Step 3: Send us your passport data page, the portrait photo and the flight details to the email email@example.com or whatsapp +84-912-685-141;
Step 4: Receive your Vietnam e-visa result in 4 working hours or in 1 working day as the booked service.
Receive Vietnam e-visa results within 3 – 15 working days
If you have plenty of time, you don’t need to race against time to get your e-visa, you just follow the simple steps below to submit your e-visa application:
Step 1: Go online at Vietnam visa portal to upload your scan of passport data page and portrait photo;
Step 2: Make online payment using your credit cards;
Step 3: Get the Vietnam e-visa result by entering the application code, email and date of birth at the e-visa search link;
Normally, a visa application by this way will receive the result within 3 – 5 working days. However, at the peak time or the visa application to be further verified by the Vietnam Immigration Department, it will take up 15 working days to complete.
Please note that, the visa fee 25 USD will not be refunded if your visa is denied by the Vietnam Immigration Department.
The visa application process seems to be simple but your should be careful when fill out the form. Please make sure you fill in the form with correct information as it can’t be changed or edited when the e-visa application is submitted and processed. Every mistake has a price and you have to pay double or triple fee if you make a mistake again and again.
4. What does a Vietnam e-visa look like?
Vietnam e-visa is an electronic document issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department in PDF format. An e-visa contains the necessary information as below:
- Number and code of the e-visa;
- Full name of applicant;
- Date of birth;
- Passport number;
- Expiry date of passport;
- Validity of the Vietnam e-visa (indicating clearly the e-visa validity from which day/ month/ year to which day/ month/ year);
- Entry ports allowed;
- Purpose of visit: Tourism;
- Name, address and telephone of inviting/ guaranteeing organization (if any);
- Accompanying children (if any);
Frequent Asked Question
- +Can I get e-visa if I travel via border gate on land or sea port?
- Yes, you can. You can get e-visa for Vietnam at 37 entry gates including 9 international airports, 16 border gates and 12 seaports across Vietnam
- +Can I use Vietnam e-visa for my business trip?
- Yes, you can. Vietnam e-visa is applicable for the following purposes of entry: aid activities/ business activities/ diplomat/ humanitarian work/ internship/ investment/ journalism/ labor/ official visit/ study/ conference/ teaching/ tourism/ transit/ visiting relatives/ working;
- +What should I do if I do not receive e-visa within 5 days?
- If you apply e-visa through our website, your visa status will be updated frequently. In case your e-visa is refused by the Vietnam Immigration Department, we will immediately inform you via phone or email. We can try again with visa on arrival with a hope that your visa will be approved.
If you apply e-visa by yourself, kindly contact the Vietnam Immigration Department via phone or email. You could also try with visa on arrival if you do not receive e-visa within 5 working days.
- +Do I have to pay stamping fee on arrival for e-visa?
- No, you don’t. You just need to pay total 45 USD once you apply for e-visa.
- +Can I enter Vietnam at another entry point than mentioned in my e-visa?
- No, you must arrive at the entry point mentioned on your e-visa. If you arrive at another border gates, your entry to Vietnam may be refused.