Vietnam visa for Nepal passport holders
The citizens of Nepal, a country in South Asia, is not included in the visa exemption list; therefore, all Nepal passport holders need to apply visa to Vietnam. Normally, a visa for Nepalese citizens could be arranged within 7 – 10 working days. However, in a rush situation the travelers can get a visa in 1 – 2 working days using our emergency visa service.
Do the Nepalese citizens need Vietnam visa?
Yes, Vietnam visa is required for the Nepalese citizens entering Vietnam.
How to apply for Vietnam visa for Nepalese citizens?
There are several options for Nepal passport holders applying for Vietnam visa at present. See below details of each option:
1. Apply online for a Vietnam visa on arrival
The Nepal passport holders can apply Vietnam visa on arrival from anywhere outside of Vietnam and pickup visa upon arrival airports in Vietnam by showing up the printed approval letter.
The approval letter will be sent to your email within 7 – 10 working days (normal service), 1 – 2 working days (super urgent/urgent service) depending on which option you chose when submitting an online visa application.
At present, visa on arrival is the best way for Nepalese travelers to get a Vietnam visa, however it is available for those traveling Vietnam by air only. Applying visa on arrival is much faster and cheaper than applying visa at the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate in Nepal and more flexible than e-visa.
The Vietnam visa on arrival process has been changed since the Vietnamese government re-opened the borders for the tourists on March 15, 2022 after a two-year border closure due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Now the foreigners, who are NOT eligible for Vietnam e-visa, wish to travel Vietnam on a tourist visa must satisfy the following requirements:
- The foreigners must have a visa approval letter arranged by a legitimate Vietnamese visa agency who is working with the Vietnam Immigration Department on behalf of the customers;
- The foreigners must have a round trip air ticket, a hotel booking confirmation and a detailed itinerary;
- If the foreigners enter Vietnam from the 3rd countries, they must have a visa or visa exemption for those countries;
- The visa validity will be following the time on the flight ticket;
- The foreigners commit to leave Vietnam before the date of expiry of the Vietnam visa.
By using the Vietnam visa on arrival service, the Nepalese citizens don’t have to wait too long to get a visa approval letter from the Vietnam Immigration Department which gives them permission to enter Vietnam.
Vietnam tourist visa fee (visa on arrival) in 2023
|Cost per person (USD)||Normal processing fee |
(within 7 working days)
|Rush service fee |
(within 3 working days)
|1-2 pax||3-5 pax||6-9 pax||10 pax +|
|1 month single entry tourist visa||$ 125||$ 123||$ 121||$ 119||$ 175||$ 25|
2. Apply for e-visa for Vietnam
This is new pilot visa system which has just official launched in February 2017. Vietnam e-visa is good for those who travel Vietnam less than 30 days by bus, train, air plane or cruise ship. However, the Nepal citizenship are NOT eligible for Vietnam e-visa at present. See full list of countries are eligible for e-visa here.
3. Apply for Vietnam visa directly at the Vietnamese Embassy or Consulates
Those who want to get a Vietnam visa beforehand or who want to travel to Vietnam by land or sea, can go to the Vietnamese Embassy to apply for visa directly.
However, Vietnam hasn’t established the embassy in Nepal therefore the Nepalese citizens and the foreigners living in Nepal may apply for visa in person at the Vietnam Embassy in neighboring countries: Myanmar, India or Pakistan.
The direct application procedure may sometimes not sound convenient, as there are intricacy along the way including:
– Long queues at the embassy during peak seasons as a result of tens of visa applicants that turn out for the procedure.
– The service is not applicable during holidays and weekends as embassies are usually closed.
– The service is not always available as some embassies operate at a few hours on working days.
– Visa applicants having to travel from their countries to foreign nations may incur high travel costs.
The best alternative to acquiring the Vietnam visa for Nepal is the online application for visa on arrival.