All about rush visa Vietnam for Australia passport holders
In order to arrange visa for Australia passport holders, it normally takes 2 working days. However, in a rush situation we can arrange visa for Australian citizens in 1 – 2 hours.
The Australian passport is not included in the visa exemption list; therefore, all Australian passport holders need to apply visa to Vietnam for either tourism or business purposes.
Do the Australian citizens need a Vietnam visa?
Yes, the Australian citizens need a visa to enter Vietnam!
What are the Vietnam visa requirements for the Australian citizens?
In order to apply for Vietnam visa, the Australian citizens will need a valid passport which is at least 6 months validity from the date of arrival and there are blank pages for visa stamp. Moreover, they will need following documents:
– For visa on arrival: A printed passport-sized photo, the stamping fee 25 – 50 USD in cash and the “Entry and exit form”;
– For e-visa: A passport data page photo and a passport-sized photo stored in JPG or PNG.
How Australian citizens apply for Vietnam visa?
There are several ways for the Australian citizens applying for Vietnam visa before departure. It takes 2 working days for visa on arrival, 3 working days for e-visa and 3 – 5 days for visa applying at the Vietnam Embassy. In urgent cases, you may need the visa done in 1 – 2 hours then Vietnam visa on arrival or e-visa will be your right choice.
1. Apply Vietnam visa on arrival
Australian passport holders can apply Vietnam visa on arrival from anywhere outside of Vietnam. The Vietnam visa will be picked up upon arrival at the Vietnam airports by showing up the printed approval letter.
The approval letter will be sent via email within 1 or 2 working days (normal service), 8 working hours (urgent service), 4 working hours (super urgent service) or even 1 hour (last minutes service) depending on which option the applicant has chosen when submitting online application form.
At present, visa on arrival is the easy way to get a Vietnam visa, however it is available for those traveling Vietnam by air only. Applying visa on arrival is much faster and cheaper than applying visa at the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate in Australia and more flexible than e-visa.
By using the Vietnam visa on arrival service, the Australian travelers don’t have to wait too long to get a visa approval letter from the Vietnam Immigration Department giving them permission to enter Vietnam.
The Vietnam visa on arrival process has been changed since the Vietnamese government re-opened the borders for the tourists on March 15, 2022 after a two-year border closure due to the Covid-19 pandemic. At present, the visa on arrival will be issued to those who are NOT eligible for Vietnam e-visa with specific conditions only. If you are eligible for Vietnam e-visa, you should take it as it is the best way to get a tourist visa for Vietnam now.
2. Apply for Vietnam e-visa
This is new pilot visa system which has just official launched in February 2017. In order to apply for e-visa for Vietnam, the Australian citizens will submit a file of passport copy, recent taken photo and pay full non-refundable visa fee.
Now, there are number of countries whose citizenship are eligible for Vietnam e-visa (please see full list here).
When applying for e-visa for Vietnam, please note that:
- There is only single entry with validity of 30 days maximum for e-visa;
- Payments for e-visa applications are non-refundable. If you apply for a Vietnam e-visa with us and your visa is finally denied by the Vietnam Immigration Department due to the personal reasons, the visa service fee would be refunded totally except the non-refundable 25 USD paying to the Vietnam Immigration Department;
- The applicants should check the information on e-visa again the passport carefully to make sure there is no mistake;
- It normally takes 3 – 5 working days to complete an e-visa, but sometimes it may take longer if your visa application needs to be further verified by the Vietnam Immigration Department. If you already have your flight booked and the flight will start in next 1 – 2 days, you are suggested to select 2 working days service or even faster service of 1 working day or 4 working hours to receive an e-visa on time.
Vietnam visa fee (e-visa) in 2023
|Cost per person (USD)
(3 - 5 working days)
(2 working days)
(1 working day)
(4 working hours)
|Last minutes service
(2 hours service)
|30 days single entry tourist visa (e-visa)
How to apply for an emergency Vietnam e-visa for Australian citizens?
Step 1: Fill the visa application form then submit the files of passport data page and portrait photo.
Step 2: Pay the visa fee using your credit cards or PayPal.
Step 3: Receive an e-visa in 3 – 5 working days (normal service), or maximum 1 – 2 working days (urgent service) or even 2 – 4 working hours (emergency service).
Step 4: Print out the e-visa, bring along with your passport to get on the plane and present at the immigration counter to get entry into Vietnam.
3. Apply for Vietnam visa directly at the Vietnamese Embassy or Consulates
For those who want to get a Vietnam visa beforehand or want to travel to Vietnam by land or sea, they can go to the Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate nearest their location.
The address of Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate in Australia for your information:
Embassy of Vietnam in Canberra, Australia
Address: 6 Timbarra Crescent, O’Malley, ACT, 2606, Australia
Phone: (612) 6286 6059
Fax: (612) 6286 4534
Email: email@example.com – firstname.lastname@example.org
Consulate General of Vietnam in Sydney, Australia
Address: Suite 205, Level 2, Edgecliff Centre 203 – 233 New South Head Road, Edgecliff, New South Wales 2027
Phone: (612) 9327 2539
Fax: (612) 9328 1653
Frequently asked questions
- +Do I need to pay the stamping fee at arrival airport for Vietnam e-visa?
No, you don’t. The stamping fee for Vietnam e-visa is not required!
- +How long does it take to receive the e-visa result?
It takes 3 – 5 working days to complete your e-visa application. In case your visa application needs to be further verified by the Vietnam Immigration Department, it might take up 15 working days to complete. If you need a rush e-visa processed within 1 – 2 working days or even 2 – 4 working hours, please contact us via email email@example.com or Whatsapp +84-912-685-141.
- +What should I do if my e-visa keep showing “in processing” status?
If you apply for a visa via the Vietnam Immigration Department’s website it normally take 3 – 5 working days to complete an e-visa. In case your visa application needs to be further verified by the Vietnam Immigration Department, it might take up 15 working days to complete. So if you have enough time please be patient and you will receive a notification about your visa result soon. If you don’t have time as your flight will start in 1 – 2 days, you should make a request for rush Vietnam e-visa service with us and you will definitely get a visa done in 1 – 2 working days or even 2- 4 working hours. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a message at +84-912-685-141 we will give you a response instantly.
- +Should I crop a photo on the passport page or take a new one?
The passport-sized photo (portrait photo) should be identical, taken within the past 06 months. It must be in color, full face, front view with a solid, plain bright background. You should not crop a photo on the passport as it might be too old or not clear enough.
- +What should I do if I entered the information incorrectly?
If you entered the information incorrectly, your e-visa will be issued with unmatching information and those may make your boarding declined at departure ports. You should re-apply for another visa with correct information as soon as possible.
- +Is it possible to change the entry port?
No, the entry port on the issued e-visa can not be changed.
- +Can I get my e-visa fee refunded if my visa application is denied?
No, the visa fee is non-refundable at the Vietnam Immigration Department’s website. However, if you applied for a rush visa with us via website www.emergencyvisavietnam.com and your visa application is denied, we will make a refund totally except 25 USD paying to the Vietnam Immigration Department.