Vietnam visa for Ukrainian citizens
The Vietnamese government has introduced some important changes to the new visa categories including e-visa it offers, effective February, 2019. This guide to will help the Ukrainian citizens find out what kind of visas are available, and for whom. Further detailed information about emergency visa Vietnam is available.
Do Ukrainian citizens need visa to Vietnam?
Yes, Vietnam visa is required for the Ukrainian citizens entering Vietnam.
Ukrainian citizen is not included in the visa exemption list; therefore, all Ukraine passport holders need to apply visa to Vietnam for either tourism or business purposes.
What are the Vietnam visa requirements for the Ukrainian citizens?
The passport should satisfy following requirements:
– Have at least 2 blank pages to get visa sticky and stamp;
– Have at least 6 months validity from your date of arrival;
– Have a white background;
– Be taken in the last 6 months;
– Eyes look straight on without glasses, photos should be taken clearly with the appearance of 2 ears;
– You will need to upload a colored recent taken photo (4x6cm) and a passport copy at visa portal when applying for e-visa.
3. Printed visa approval letter (for visa on arrival):
Visa approval letter issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department via www.emergencyvisavietnam.com must be printed to present at the airports for boarding the flight and getting visa stamped. When the time for check-in is running out you may need the printer service at the airport to print out the letter. If you don’t have enough time to print the visa approval letter you can use our visa fast track service. Our staff will print the visa approval letter and pick you up right after landing.
4. Stamping fee (for visa on arrival):
– Stamping fee for visa on arrival must pay in cash (VND or USD) not by credit cards, PayPal or any online payment method;
– Other currency will be converted to USD or VND using given exchange rates;
– There is no ATM, money changer or any other way to withdraw money in the immigration hall so that cash (25 USD for single entry or 50 USD for multiple entry) must be prepared in advance.
– For e-visa, full service fee paid when you applied for a visa, so that no money is required at arrival airport (Ukraine passport is not eligible for e-visa at present);
5. Entry and exit form (for visa on arrival):
– You can download the “Entry and exit form” at our website and fill in advance to save your time at arrival airport;
– The completed form will be submitted at the visa desk along with passport, visa approval letters and stamping fee;
– Learn how to fill in the Entry and exit form.
For visa applying at the Vietnam Embassy, an application form (which you can download at the Vietnam Embassy’s website or receive at its office) and a prepaid self-addressed return envelope if you wish to receive your passport and visa sent back by mail.
How to apply for Vietnam visa for the Ukraine passport holders?
There are several ways for the Ukrainian citizens applying for Vietnam visa before departure. See below for details about each option:
1. Apply for Vietnam visa on arrival
The Ukraine passport holders can apply Vietnam visa on arrival from anywhere outside of Vietnam. The visa will be picked up at Vietnamese airport after showing the printed visa approval letter and paying the stamping fee.
The approval letter will be sent via email within 2 working days (normal service), 8 working hours (urgent service), 4 working hours (super urgent service) or even 1 hour (last minutes service) depending on which option the applicant has chosen when submitting online application form.
How to apply for emergency Vietnam visa on arrival?
- Step 1: Make a phone call to the visa agency to ensure it is possible to arrange visa at the time you are calling. Our hotline is open 24/7 at the number +84.912.685.141 (telephone and Whatsapp) to support you
- Step 2: Once you got a confirmation that the visa can be expedited at the time of calling, you should take a copy of passport attached with the date of arrival, visa type and flight number to send to the email email@example.com. If you are not too hurry you can spend couple of minutes to fill out the visa application form and check the entered information carefully before you submit.
- Step 3: You will receive a link for payment from the visa agency where you can pay with credit cards, PayPal or bank wire transfer.
- Step 4: After several hours, you will receive a visa approval letter delivered to your email. You need to print out the letter, bringing with your passport, recent taken photo and stamping fee to get on the plane.
- Step 5: Upon arrival, you present all the documents at the visa counter, pay the stamping fee and get visa stamped onto passport within couple of minutes.
At present, visa on arrival is the best way to get a Vietnam visa, however it is available for those traveling Vietnam by air only. Applying visa on arrival is much faster and cheaper than applying visa at the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate in Ukraine and more flexible than e-visa.
The Vietnam visa on arrival process has been changed since the Vietnamese government re-opened the borders for the tourists on March 15, 2022 after a two-year border closure due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Now the foreigners, who are NOT eligible for Vietnam e-visa, wish to travel Vietnam on a tourist visa must satisfy the following requirements:
- The foreigners must have a visa approval letter arranged by a legitimate Vietnamese visa agency who is working with the Vietnam Immigration Department on behalf of the customers;
- The foreigners must have a round trip air ticket, a hotel booking confirmation and a detailed itinerary;
- If the foreigners enter Vietnam from the 3rd countries, they must have a visa or visa exemption for those countries;
- The visa validity will be following the time on the flight ticket;
- The foreigners commit to leave Vietnam before the date of expiry of the Vietnam visa.
By using the Vietnam visa on arrival service, the Ukrainian citizens don’t have to wait too long to get a visa approval letter from the Vietnam Immigration Department which gives them permission to enter Vietnam.
Vietnam tourist visa fee (visa on arrival) in 2022
|Cost per person (USD)||Normal processing fee |
(within 7 working days)
|Rush service fee |
(within 2 working days)
|1-2 pax||3-5 pax||6-9 pax||10 pax +|
|1 month single entry tourist visa||$ 295||$ 290||$ 285||$ 280||$ 425||$ 25|
2. Apply for Vietnam visa directly at the Vietnamese Embassy or Consulates
Those who want to get a Vietnam visa beforehand or who want to travel to Vietnam by land or sea, can go to the Vietnamese Embassy in Ukraine to apply for visa directly.
Embassy of Vietnam in Kiev, Ukraine
Address: 51 Tovarna Str. 01103 Kiev, Ukraine
Phone: (3804) 4294 8087 42950 2837; Consular section: 4294 8087
Fax: (3804) 4294 8066
The direct application procedure may sometimes not sound convenient, as there are intricacy along the way including:
– Long queues at the embassy during peak seasons as a result of tens of visa applicants that turn out for the procedure.
– The service is not applicable during holidays and weekends as embassies are usually closed.
– The service is not always available as some embassies operate at a few hours on working days.
– Visa applicants having to travel from their countries to foreign nations may incur high travel costs.
The best alternative to acquiring the Vietnam visa for Ukraine is the online application for visa on arrival.