Business visa (categorized under DN) is a type of visa granted to those who enter Vietnam to work with Vietnamese Enterprises or conduct business activities like: doing market research, meeting and signing a contract with Vietnamese partners… This visa gives its holders a permission to stay in country for maximum period of 12 months (for US citizens) or 3 months (for other nations). It is a required document to process Vietnamese Work Permit and then Temporary Residence Card application.
Business visa requirements
– Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the departure date (temporary passports will not be accepted);
– There are at least 02 blank pages for visa stamp;
– Passport sized photos;
– The stamping fee (for visa on arrival) for business visa is 25 USD for less than 3 months single entry, 50 USD for less than 3 months multiple entry, 95 USD for 6 month multiple entry visa or 135 USD for 1 year multiple entry visa.
– Sponsorship documents from a licensed company in Vietnam, it is required for those who intend to apply for Vietnamese Work Permit and then Temporary Residence Card under the sponsorship of this company. Those who don’t have a sponsoring company (thus they can not apply for a Vietnamese Work Permit), can still apply for business visa on arrival with us.
Sponsorship documents include:
- Business Registration Certificate of sponsoring company (true copy certified)
- Visa application form signed by the director of the company (NA2, original)
- Sample of signature and stamp (NA16, original)
If you don’t have a sponsoring company, your passport copy is enough.
How to apply for business visa
There are 2 ways of getting business visa for Vietnam:
– Apply business visa at the Vietnam Embassy: In this case, sponsorship documents are required regardless of whether you will apply for Vietnamese Work Permit and Temporary Residence Card later or not;
– Apply business visa on arrival to pickup visa at arrival airport: You may provide sponsorship documents or not. A valid passport is enough to arrange your business visa on arrival.
Apply for emergency business visa
Normally, it will take 3 – 5 working days to complete a business visa on arrival. However, in a rush situation you can apply for an emergency business visa to get it done in 1 day, 2 days or even in several working hours.
In order to apply for an emergency business visa, you should follow some steps:
- Step 1: Fill in the online application form with required information and appropriate processing time. Please note that there is NO visa processed before 8:00 AM and after 6:00 PM; and current date and time in Vietnam is 02:54:21 AM on September 27, 2023;
- Step 2: Check the information against your passport to ensure everything is correct and press ‘submit’;
- Step 3: Make payment using your credit/debit cards or PayPal and receive visa approval letter via email after several hours (depend on the processing time selected in step 1);
- Step 4: Print out the letter of approval and bring along with original passport, photo, stamping fee to get on the plane. Upon arrival, you present all documents at visa counter, pay the stamping and get visa stamped onto passport.